04/09/2010

102 | On a beach, in Costa Frica / Pendant ce temps, sur une plage du Costa Frica

Costa Frica is a fictional country that belongs to the same imaginary world as New Arch City.


Here I am, in Montreal, QC. My third year as a Communication student just started two days ago. I moved from the college's dorms to an appartment with three roommates. Some things changed, but my compulsive need for drawing didn't !
I originally drew this four months ago, planning to post it to announce the beginning of summer. Quite ironically, I didn't - and neither did I go to the beach or anywhere (I was in Paris, yes, but I used to live there, it's not like it's a holiday destination.) as I worked all summer. Fortunately, it was a great job during which I read a lot of comics, and got to get better at using computer tools and I used some of this new knowledge in this picture.
Also, only three days left !!

Ça y est, je suis à Montréal !! Ma rentrée a eu lieu mercredi dernier. J'ai déménagé des résidences du campus et j'habite à présent dans un appart avec trois colocs. Pas mal de choses ont changé, pas mon envie de dessiner !
J'avais fait ce dessin de plage avant de retourner à Paris, pour fêter le début de l'été. Ironiquement, je ne l'ai pas posté à l'époque - d'ailleurs, je ne suis pas allé à la plage, pas plus que je n'ai eu de vacances puisque j'avais un stage tout l'été. Heureusement, c'était un stage très cool durant lequel j'ai eu à lire pas mal de bédés et m'améliorer à l'utilisation des outils informatiques, une expérience dont a bénéficié la colorisation de ce dessin.

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment !